What is sciatica? Sciatica is a condition that causes pain to move along the sciatic nerve, radiating from your lower back, down through your buttocks and hips, and into your leg. In most cases, sciatica will only affect one side of the body, and although the pain can be severe, there are several non-surgical solutions that can help reduce the pain and restore your mobility.
At our clinic, we will determine the underlying cause of your sciatica and design a treatment plan that’s customized just for you to get the best possible results.
Don't let sciatica keep you from doing the things you love
Call us today to set up a consultation
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment for sciatic pain. Through regular spinal adjustments, misalignments will be corrected, and the shooting pain your experience will diminish to the point that you can have your quality of life back.
With each adjustment, gases like carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and oxygen are released from your joints, creating an audible crack. As the pressure is relieved, you will experience pain relief without having to resort to surgery or drugs.
Some of the other treatments we use that can help your sciatic pain include:
- Spinal decompression – increases blood flow and reduces pain
- Physical Therapy – uses specific exercises and equipment to facilitate healing
- Chiropractic Care - relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve
Causes and Symptoms of Sciatic Nerve Pain
Several factors can lead to sciatica, including disc injuries and bulges, which occur when a disc presses against the nerve root.
Other causes include:
- A herniated disc
- Poor posture
- Repetitive use injuries
- Trauma from accidents
- Spinal misalignments due to pregnancy
- A pinched nerve
- Infections that irritate the sciatic nerve
- Internal bleeding near the sciatic nerve
- Degenerative diseases such as arthritis
Sciatica, also known as sciatic neuralgia, can make sitting and standing difficult and may lead to weakness, tingling, and numbness that runs down your leg and foot.
Some of the common symptoms include:
- Pain in the lower back, down the thigh, running below the knee.
- Shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up.
- Pain in your rear end or leg that gets worse when you sit down
- Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down your leg
- A nagging pain on one side of the rear
- Weakness and numbness that makes it difficult to move your leg or foot
If you or a loved one are suffering from sciatica in Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, or any city in Palm Beach County, call us today at (561) 926-9494 to schedule a consultation.